Available Mental Health Treatments from Family Mental Health Clinic Colorado Springs Company
This article lists different mental health treatments available and some tips to help you identify the appropriate care for a patient and their families, too.
Mental illness can have such a detrimental effect on a family that it could get to point where some of the members may need help and support themselves. In fact, 80% of patients who participated in a survey agreed with this statement.
So, if you or a loved one has a mental illness, it is highly recommended that you seek professional help from a family mental health clinic Colorado Springs company. Don’t wait for other family members to develop social or psychological problems of their own.
But how do you choose the appropriate mental health care?
Different treatments currently available
This method involves a patient talking face to face with a therapist. Therapy comes in several types:
- Behavior therapy is designed to help a patient change their behavior and thinking patterns through biofeedback, relaxation training, stress management, and other available Colorado family behavioral health services.
- Cognitive therapy aims to identify thinking patterns that lead to troublesome behavior and feelings, and then provide appropriate solutions.
- Family therapy requires the participation of every member of the family in discussing problems and finding solutions to them. Discussion and problem-solving sessions are part of family therapy in Colorado Springs.
- Group therapy is where a small group of people discusses individual issues and then help each other find solutions. A trained therapist will guide the group during the therapy session.
- Movement/art/music therapy, as the name suggests, uses movement, art, or music to help an individual struggling to express their feelings.
- Psychoanalysis is a form of long-term therapy that aims to discover early patterns and motivations behind an individual’s present mental behavior and actions.
This involves the use of drugs to help persons with emotional and mental disorders better deal with their problems and spare their families from extreme stress.
It is important that a patient seek professional advice from providers of family mental health services in Colorado before taking any medication.
Discuss the possible risks, side effects, contraindications, and other factors that will help ensure optimal results.
Electroconvulsive treatment (ECT)
ECT is recommended for patients with major depression, hallucinations, and delusions, as well as those suffering from sleep and eating disorders that are likely to lead to death when left untreated.
Consider this as a last resort. If none of the drugs or psychotherapies work, ECT is the next best solution.
Now that you know what each mental health solution offers, it will be easier to identify which treatment you should sign up for.
Consult with a family mental health clinic Colorado Springs company
If you suspect that you or a family member may need psychoanalysis or drug therapy, speak to a mental health care professional. It is best to have a proper diagnosis before any treatment is started.
A mental health clinic can also point you to the right mental health professional. Take the guesswork out of the equation.
Visit the Family Care Center
In the Colorado Springs area, we are the family mental health clinic Colorado Springs company that provides premier behavioral health treatment for military families and veterans. Whether you need dialectical behavior therapy, play therapy, or counseling services, we can help.
We help take care of active duty family members and veterans through our specialized behavioral healthcare services. Contact us today for any of your or your family’s mental health care needs.